I have been an active member in the Canadian Physiotherapy Association for several years. My highlight, in my opinion, is my involvement in establishing the Oncology Division. We started as an oncology network and after a year we were accepted into CPA as a new division. I was lucky to be the Inagural Chair for the Oncology Division and I held that position for four years. Additionally, I helped create an oncology interest group within the World Confederation of Physical Therapists and I am the Vice President of that group.
As I believe in a strong physiotherapy profession, I have decided to put my name forward to join the Board of Directors of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association (elected to the Board in 2014) to help shape the future of our profession.
Sample of Professional activities on a Local, Provincial, National, and International levesl
- Founding member and Vice President World Confederation of Physical Therapists Oncology Interest Group.
- Inaugural Chair Oncology Division, Canadian Physiotherapy Association 2008-2011.
- Founder and Inaugural Chair Oncology Interest Group, Canadian Physiotherapy Association 2007-2008.
- Member of the Research Committee of the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario 2011-2013.
- Member – Hamilton Health Sciences Physiotherapy Professional Practice Committee 2005- present.
- Chair – Physiotherapy Research Committee 2005-2010.
- Member – Cancer Care Ontario; Symptom Management Group. 2010-present.
- Hamilton Health Sciences, Code of Conduct Trainer 2007.
- Project Leader and Chair – Physiotherapy Weekend Taskforce 2005-2006, Hamilton Health Sciences..
- Least Restraints Policy and Procedure, Hamilton Health Sciences.
- Facility Planning Committee, Hamilton Health Sciences.
- Clinical Pathway Development Committee with patients who had fractured hips.
- Clinical Pathway Development Committee with patients who are admitted to the Geriatric Assessment and Rehabilitation Unit.
- Clinical Pathway Development Committee with patients who had above or below knee amputation, Amputee Rehabilitation Program, Chedoke Hospital, Hamilton Health Sciences.
- Accreditation Committee on the Geriatric Assessment and Rehabilitation Unit.